About the Book: Ember Falls
I would like to encourage anyone with children (or not) to purchase and read the Green Ember Series. I am going to list a few good reasons.
- Sam is a father of four and he knows what children enjoy.
- He is incredibly talented.
- Sam currently works a full time job and can only leisurely write. I would love to see Sam write full time so that I can read more excellent stories.
- His writing is clean, and child friendly.
- The stories include important character lessons: loyalty, family, friendship, compassion, selflessness, and forgiveness. (etc.)
- Sam’s stories can be read by people of all ages. Both my 15 and 16 year old sons have read the stories, and they both enjoyed them. So have I (I’m 40).
Green Ember concludes with the heroic and valiant efforts of Pickett when he rescued Prince Smalls from a potentially tragic situation. In the sequel, Ember Falls, Pickett has matured into an experienced and brave warrior. The war continues. Heather is training to be a doctor, meanwhile successfully serving under Emma… who turns out to be? I am not sharing, you will have to read the book. Friendships and loyalty grow as quickly as deception.
Unfortunately, there are some very sad moments in the story. But I suspect that not everything is as it seems. The ending was shocking and equally frustrating, only because I want to know what happens to Heather and the singer (cliffhanger). Really Sam?! As I write this I am smiling because Sam left me wanting more, the habit of a great storyteller. No doubt there will be more stories. Ember Falls concluded with a mystery and a song. I loved the surprise ending, and I cannot wait to read more.
The Green Ember Series will keep readers on the edge of their seat; it is exciting and fast paced. I read the first chapter to my MS Bible students and I encouraged all my students to buy the series for themselves. Before Christmas, when Sam offered the stories for free, I made sure to make my students aware. I do hope that you will read the Green Ember Series. Go read!